Nationwide Relocation Services - Nationwide Relocation

Birmingham, Alabama 0 comments

This is a terrible company who promises professional reliable service but who delivers appalling "agents" to pick up and deliver your goods. They demand a deposit up front that they will not refund even if they are not able to take your furniture in a safe truck that has the necessary equipment to safely make the move.

I tried with them twice and both times they sent trucks you would not move garbage in much less your goods. I took pictures of the truck to show them but they just told me that this is the agent they had available.

Nationwide Relocation Services - Fraudulent, bait & switch estimate

Chicago, Illinois 1 comment

I have just completed a move that was set-up by Nationwide Relocation Services and am extremely upset that the company has not honored the pricing it committed to. Explanations of the reasons for my indignation are detailed below.

On April 20, 2011, I received an estimate from Steven Carney, a sales representative of Nationwide Relocation, of $2,804.32 to move my possessions from Chicago, Illinois to Scottsdale, Arizona. The actual cost of the move was $3,625.56. There are two (2) issues which caused this discrepancy that Nationwide refuses to resolve as committed to by its company representative and documented in its "Binding Estimate Fee"..

The most costly issue regards the Cost of Crating two (2) items.

At the time of the sales call, Mr. Carney assured me that the estimate he provided was completely binding and would not change, based upon the inventory I provided. Additionally, Nationwide's estimate states "Estimate For Service – Binding". Furthermore, there is a $751 charge for a "Binding Service Fee" as a line item on the estimate . The inventory was identical to three (3) estimates I received from other moving companies that personally inspected my apartment. In fact, the actual number of items moved was less than originally submitted to Mr. Carney.

During each conversation with Mr. Carney, I informed him there would be two (2) items which required professional crating. Each time he assured me that the cost for crating was included in the estimate, as is documented on the attached furniture list . He confirmed this fact to me in our last conversation on May 25th. However, according to Nationwide's customer service representative, Cheryl Jones, Mr. Carney later denied this fact.

Three days before the move, May 23rd, Mr. Carney informed me to schedule the work directly with the crating company. Otherwise, he would call the company and they, in turn, would call me. I agreed to do so and repeatedly confirmed with Mr. Carney that Nationwide would still incur the cost of the packing service, as agreed to in all conversations and documents.

When I spoke with the crating company he directed me to, PAR Services, they informed me that I had to pay C.O.D., as they do not bill Nationwide directly. I immediately called Mr. Carney back to inform him of this issue, provided him with the estimated price and reiterated that I expected the cost of crating to be deducted from the total cost of the move since I would be paying it directly. Mr. Carney phoned me back on May 25th, the day before the move, to inform me that Nationwide would not pay the crating charge as originally promised. Clearly, I was at his mercy due to the situation. The actual cost of crating was $682.20 .

Given that I was told this the day before the move, I had no other option but to pay the charge and proceed. At that time, I told Mr. Carney that, despite his assurance of a "Binding Estimate" and that the cost of the crating was included in the estimate, he submitted a dishonest bid. Based on the total cost of the move, I would not have selected Nationwide as my carrier/broker.

Had it not been so clear that the crating charge was covered in the estimate, I could attribute the discrepancy to an error or mistake on Mr. Carney's part. In which case, I would still expect Nationwide to honor the original "Binding Estimate". However, given the number of times this issue was discussed and documented on the original "Binding Estimate", I told Mr. Carney that I felt he defrauded me with a bait & switch sales technique.

Based on the inventory that included two (2) glass tables with professional packing, I feel Nationwide should honor its "Binding Estimate" and refund the entire crating cost of $682.20.

The lesser issue deals with two (2) services that were not performed.

In discussing details of the move, Mr. Carney explained that my furniture would be a partial load on an 18 wheeler. I understood the implications, as I have experienced several long distance moves in the past. I told him that two of the other bidders indicated they would need a smaller shuttle truck to move from my inner-city condo to the long distance carrier. We discussed the need for the shuttle and I authorized the charge so as not to inconvenience the neighborhood. The actual vehicle that executed the move from pick-up to delivery was a typical 18' – 20' delivery truck.

As the movers were in the process of loading the truck, I spoke with a customer service specialist from Nationwide (may have been Cheryl Jones) about the lack of need for the shuttle truck. She indicated that she could only remove this charge if the owner of the trucking service notified Nationwide that it was not used. The truck owner was on premise at the time and confirmed with Nationwide that they did not need nor use a shuttle truck for the move. Since the shuttle truck was not used, the charge of $251.72 should be deducted from the original estimate.

Similarly, the movers did not make an additional stop, so the charge of $33.19 should also be removed from the original estimate. In fact, Mr. Carney discussed taking this charge off and may have done so.

In summary, based upon the actual services provided and Nationwide's stated "Binding Estimate", Nationwide should reimburse me the amount of $821.24, as detailed below. The June 8, 2011 offer from Nationwide of $100.00 compensation is insulting and unacceptable.

Actual vs. Estimated Cost of Move

Actual Cost $3,625.56 Revised estimate $2,804.32

Actual cost $3,625.56

Less "Binding Estimate" -2,804.32

$821.24

My decision to use Nationwide was because it is a nationally recognized, established brand which committed to provide service for a "Binding Estimate". I would never expect such a reputed company to use such deceitful pricing tactics. At this time, I

Comments

Nationwide Relocation Services and their carrier Trans United logistics, south FL movers - now have my goods hostage, having jacked up the price of the move by 75%

All these people need to go to jail

Nationwide Relocation Services - Dont use nationwide relocation they didnt show up

Atlanta, Georgia 1 comment

They didn't show up on three days that they called and said they would.the day they did show up they were 3 hours late then for delivery I recieves a call yesterday saying they would be here today by noon and they just didn't show I had to call them to find out they changed the date to 2 days from now.i called costumer service I spoke to a superviser and all they could tell me that out would be documented and that I'm on my own.they expect me to just keep missing days of work until they show up this is the worst coming I could have picked I wish I had read the reviews on it. I figured of I could do the same job in afghanistan an we could keep on schedule how come these guys can't

Review about: House Hold Moving.

Comments

Thank you, this was very honest and helpful. I would know, I had the same exact experience with this "company."

Nationwide Relocation Services - Do your homework people!

Susanville, California 0 comments

PEOPLE KNOW WHOM YOU ARE DOING BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS. THEY DO BUSINESS UNDER MANY NAMES LOOK FOR THEM ON THE RIP OFF REPORTS. THEIR OWNER ALDO DISORBO IS ON MANY RIP OFF REPORTS AS WELL!

Rip off Report:

BBB Report:

Moving Reveiws links :

This company almost got me but literally almost gave them my credit card info then my dad sent me these links! Dont be another victim as i almost was!

Review about: Moving Service.

Nationwide Relocation Services - Nationwide Relocation broke their contract by not showing up to move us.

San Bruno, California 0 comments

Nationwide Relocation is a sham company preying on people based on internet site. A broker without trucks or scruples.

They lied to us and made us wait for 3 days for a move that never happened. No return calls despite charging my credit card for the move. I have never had this kind of awful experience.

We will be filing compliants with Better Business Bureau and the Department of Transportation.

It was bad enough packing my late aunt's things for shipment, but to put our family through this terrible ordeal after we flew in for the move...run away from this company!

Review about: Household Moving.

Nationwide Relocation Services is the worst "moving" service I've ever used

Brecksville, Ohio 1 comment

Some of the people who work for this company lied to me about their service. At the end of the move, I was charged an additional $2,000.00 over and above my quote.

I was initially told by Shane and Phil, that I use a credit card to pay the balance. When my belongings arrived, not only could I not use a credit card to pay the balance, but the cashiers check that I gave them was made out to the company on the letterhead, which turned out to be wrong, and had to be made out to some other company.

My belongings were horribly packed. i opened a box of linens only to find the broom packed with the towels and sheets. The extra boxes they said they had to use was because at least 30% of the boxes they packed were half full. Fragile items arrived broken in half packed boxes.

I thought I was hiring a moving service, only to find that they sent some rag-tag group of people to pack, load, and move.

Deborah of Cleveland

Review about: Nationwide Relocation Service And Source 1 Moving.

Comments

I was told that Nationwide Relocation Services was part of Nationwide Van Lines and that they would be moving my stuff. When I called Nationwide Van Lines, I was told they had nothing to do with Nationwide Relocation Service. I was lucky, the woman told me she got calls all the time about them.

Nationwide Relocation Services - Nationwide Services Scam 6245 nw 9th ave Fort Lauderdale FL 3330

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 10 comments

There address they are advertising on Google DOES NOT EXIST They are a SCAM moving company address 6245 NW 9th Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 Phone 1 (888) 219-7171

They have over 600 complaints mainly for deceptive advertising mostly done here on Google

There listing claims Better Business Bureau BUT THEY ARE NO LONGER A MEMBER with almost 700 COMPLAINTS

BBB Accreditation

This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of C on a scale from A+ to F.

Reasons for this rating include:

"¢656 complaints filed against business

Here is the BBB Link: http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/relocation-service/nationwide-relocation-services-in-fort-lauderdale-fl-27002063

I have reported them directly to GOOGLE and BBB and FBI

BEWARE

Comments

Who uses a laser jet 1012 anymore? *** HP for that matter I mean at home yes but as many tree's that just one of our office's goes through in a day the 1012 and HP's Universal driver can go out the window.

Bad part is I bet they rake in millions. We had one come in for same as other comments but just 6. I have researched some and it looks like they are phishing this INFO off Linked In profiles.

Would be easy when you pay at Linked In it allows you to see much more info like job titles etc. LinkedIn is a modren day Dubai gold souk.

Well if you wish to scam and rob that is.

Mine too - for 6 laser toner cartridges for HP - We don't use HP. AND we don't buy anything without a PO or credit card.

Just didn't look or feel right. So glad y'all had reported here!

SAME PROBLEM, I DO ALL THE ORDERING FOR OUR COMPANY PLUS I SIGN OFF ON ALL THE INVOICES. WHEN I SAW THIS IT FIT RIGHT IN MY RULE OF I DONT PAY FOR ANYTHING I DONT HAVE IN MY HANDS.

LET ME SAY THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU ON THIS SITE. I WAS ABLE TO SEE THIS FOR THE SCAM IT IS.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PEOPLE. GOD BLESS

#531948

Looks like they are upping there amounts, we got an invoice for 12 cartridges.

Our company just received one of these invoices and it was sent to my attention. I've never spoke with them or even heard of them.

As the others complaints, it is for 6 backordered print cartridges. I tried to call them and got the message machine. We're hoping someone will call back. The Company Controller will love talking with them.

We figured it was a scam, which has been confirmed now! The address on my invoice is the same as the last post - 3350 NE 12th Avenue #23099 in Ft.

Lauderdale. Hopefully people catch on and stop paying them.

Invoice for 6 backordered cartridges. Bad news, someone will probably pay them, good news is it will not be us.

Their new address is 3350 NE 12th ave #23099. Running out of a PO box.

We received an invoice today for 6 backordered cartridges... TONER Pirates at it again. Be ware

they call companies FISHING FOR NAMES AND CONTACTS then send invoices expecting us to pay them. DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY

They made an unauthorized charge to my charge account and I filed a dispute with the credit company. Got my money back, but then they put a collection agency on me.

#201623

I will suggest to leave review to every possible website. That will be reasonable otlet of our anger and frustation. Infect I did post my review to every site

View more comments

Nationwide Relocation Services - Stole My deposit Almost 700 Complaints BBB

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 2 comments

BBB Accreditation

This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating

Reasons for this rating include:

"¢656 complaints filed against business

I have reported them directly to GOOGLE and BBB and FBI

BEWARE

Comments

They are smart...they change documents, dates, charge amounts,and even make unauthorized charges. They keep you tied up on the phone and buried under paperwork that they mess up and then claim you made the changes...They know what they are doing...making a quick buck off people who will not take them to court.

#220525

Should have done your research first!

Nationwide Relocation Services - A Company of Liars

Tupelo, Mississippi 3 comments

The sales rep. completely misrepresented the services of this business.

I learned 2 days before the move date that another company would actually conduct the move. The worst part of my nightmare was that the moving company would arrive on 9/24 but not deliver until 10/8. When I objected and asked to cancel, I was informed that I would lose my deposit of $578 because I had not submitted a snail mail registered cancellation letter within 5 business days of the move date, which I only learned of 9/22. This company representatives were extremely unprofessional.

I strongly advise moving yourself if you can not afford a legitimate moving company, which Nationwide is not. In fact, I also learned that it is a broker not a moving company

Review about: Moving.

Comments

They claim to be part of Nationwide Van Lines.which I was told that not. They change documents, date prices. WARNING...good movers do not take money in advance.

#220524

People will never learn that the cheap price is not the best service

#201624

Nationwide Relocation Services - Nationwide Relocation sold me a bill of goods

Nashua, New Hampshire 3 comments

Don't use them to broker your move! they promissed me that my accross country move would take less than 2 weeks.

The moving company they work with 1 Moving Depot picked up my items on June 15th, the deadline for delivery was June 22 to July 2.

It is now July 8th all my household/personal items have not arrived and they are now telling me 2 weeks out and that is not guaranteed. 1 Moving Depot was rude to me on the phone said that if I wanted to pay more money maybe they could deliver sooner, that Nationwide Wide underbid the job.

Do not use Nationwide or 1 Moving Depot.

Comments

Thank you x employee. I am sure you can sleep at night, now.

It is a good thing that you got away from all that. They would only drag you down to their level. I hope you have found a new career that you can be proud of yourself.

Good Luck. I am sure what they do will come back at them.

#201627

Nationwide Relocation Services is the most unethical company I have ever worked for. They treat their employees as bad as their customers.

Movingcost.com is run by them. Do not use any of their movers they are a broker.

They falsely advertise on their sites that they are accredited by the Better Business Bureau, but they are NOT. Look them up on the BBB and don't use them they will RIP YOU OFF!